Sous Vide Chicken with Asparagus and Brown Butter
Sous Vide/ Main Course/ Chicken
Nutrition per serving
fresh thyme leaves
chopped fresh sage leaves
chicken breast halves, deboned
Best devices for this recipeSee all
Select sous vide and set temperature to 145°F and time for 1 hour.
- Prepare the brown butter. In a small saucepan over medium, heat butter and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the herbs and garlic, reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Strain about 4 tablespoons of the butter into a small bowl and reserve. Strain the remainder into a separate container to reserve for serving.
- Prepare the chicken. In a small bowl, combine kosher salt and sugar. Season chicken breasts generously with the salt mixture.
- Using the reserved 4 tablespoons of brown butter, brush each chicken breast with about 1 tablespoon of butter. Place each chicken breast in a sous vide-safe bag. Vacuum tightly and seal.
- Prepare the asparagus. Place all of the asparagus, olive oil and salt to a sous vide-safe bag. Vacuum tightly and seal.
- When water reaches set temperature, add chicken and asparagus to the water bath and press start.
- When cooking time has ended, remove bags from water bath and open.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat vegetable oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add chicken to pan skin-side down. Sear chicken until skin is crispy and browned. Turn chicken and sear other side until browned. If desired, slice chicken before plating.
- To serve, warm the reserved brown butter. Place asparagus on plates and top with chicken. Drizzle with brown butter.
There is no review yet
Help other users with the choice - be the first to share your opinion about this product.